For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Lincoln Corn Exchange and Markets (1991) Ltd
What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You give us this by filling in forms in paper or on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This may include e.g. your name, address, date of birth, email address and phone number.
Information we collect from your use of our website. We will automatically collect information about the information and offers you click on in order to personalise your experience with services, events and offers relevant to you.
Information we collect throughout our relationship. This is information relating to products or services that you express an interest in or events you attend, offers and promotions you take part in.
Information we collect when you call us. If you call us we will collect instructions or information you provide.
Providing us with your details online. This is information you may choose to provide us with using our website and social media. It includes your name, address, telephone number, email address and preferences for receiving emails from us.
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We use this information:
- to assess whether we can enter into a contract with you and to perform our contract with you. This includes carrying out our obligations to you and providing you with our products and services;
- to improve our service to you, to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to deal with any legal queries relating to your use of our services;
- to provide you with service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or post or, if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by phone. These will include notifications about changes to our service or offer;
- to provide you with marketing communications including, with your permission, information about other goods and services which are provided by our family of businesses, information about our events and activities and special offers negotiated with third parties;
in our and third party’s legitimate interest of keeping customers up to date with services, to increase awareness of us and third parties within the market, making promotional offers and generating new business, building and maintaining loyalty, telling you about our events or those of third parties, telling you about our charity, community and sponsorship initiatives and obtaining your feedback on them.
Information we collect from your use of the website.
We will use this information for the following purposes:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we send to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
Information we collect throughout our relationship. We will use this information to help us provide you with our services and to comply with our contractual obligations to you.
Information we receive from other sources. See the ‘Who might we share your information with?’ section below for details of how we use information in conjunction with our associated third parties.
How Long do we keep hold of your information?
We will keep information about you for a maximum of 7 years after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators or the law requires otherwise, or we are required to remove such data from our records.
Who might we share your information with?
You agree that for the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
Selected associated third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- business partners, advisors, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
We take your safety and security very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information kept by us is stored on secure server.
Any personal data collected by us is not processed outside of the EU, unless adequate safeguards are in place.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.;
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased, as long as data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us by post at Lincoln Corn Exchange and Markets (1991) Ltd, C/O Lincolnshire Co-op, 15-23 Tentercroft Street, Lincoln, LN5 7DB or email@example.com
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know. If you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here. (link to here https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/)
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. This notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
This policy may be updated from time to time.